Sunday 5 October 2008

Med - Duck.



Most of my time I am chasing birds...Not that kind, the feathered kind. But once in a while, a bird happens to be where I am, or is it that I attract the odd bird - No comment.
Roman Lakes, Marple. A patch of beauty in the Goyt Valley. All three woodpeckers have been recorded here, many Kingfishers zoom around the lake. I was here doing a bit off fishing, well it's my excuse to doing some wildlife watching from a tent, for a day. Later in the afternoon, A duck splashes down out of the blue. I give it a look. Hmm? funny duck...Give it another look. It's only a Red Crested Pochard. Camera out, snap, snap. This Med-Duck, is slowly colonising this country, on the quiet. Around this time of year, they start to appear, with Egyptian Geese who also turn up out of the blue. Keep your eyse peeled with the Wildfowl, now till Feb, and you may find yer own Med-Duck.

No comments: