Tuesday 26 August 2008

Tatton Park Country Fair

In Britain we have just had a Bank Holiday. So while all the Motorways are blocked up. I chose to go no further than Tatton Park for the Country fair. 72 birds of prey where on display, all close enough to get some superb portrait shots. Also it's a great way to get to know what some of them look like in the flesh - I hadn't realised just how small the American Kestrel was. And splendid to.
But for me the best show of the weekend, must go to the Chainsaw tree carvers. I guess as many as 20 carvers from all around the world, came to put on awesome display of sculpting Eagles, Bears, Fish from lumps of tree trunk. One competitor, for me, carved the impossible, A hollowed out box, with a sphere inside - unbelievable.
This event must not be missed if it come around to your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Quantum Tiger said...

Nice montage of birds of prey. Especially like that stare from the owl!