Sunday 10 August 2008

Back on the Road again..

The foul weather at the weekends grounded me since returning from Egypt. But yesterday, Pennington had something for me to chase. As usual, today is a different matter, with no sign of Little Tern or Black Necked Grebe, but the long staying Garganey, put in an all to brief show from the Horrock's hide. About 60 pictures, mainly with it's head submerged, I find this one I like. Garganey in eclipse, can be difficult to see, they are about the size of our smallest ducks, the Teal, even look the same to an untrained eye. From the photo, you should notice the stripping from the bill to behind the eye. Garganey is another species I didn't get to see last year ( so i give it 2 points). Good to be back, I am in the mood once more. looking forward to the next trip. August is a great month for waders turning up anywhere.

No comments: