Monday 8 October 2007

Deja Vu


For the second consecutive saturday, I visit Flamborough head. Since Monday, a very rare bird was seen here, but as certain as Man.City will beat Middlesboro today, It has flown. Still, there are some other great birds here. The first two Red-backed shrike, and Barred warbler, I haven't found. Before the day turns into a disaster, my phone alerts my that a Blyth's Reed Warbler, is seen less than half a mile away. In no time at all, I am there, amongst a small, but increasing by the second crowd, surrounding this little bush. "It's gone in here", says one lucky spotter. 30 minute wait and "it's coming out", "It's flying!!", straight into another dense bush. But in that 1 second I saw the 'Little Brown Job' I was all assured that that was indeed the bird - which was identified the night before from a good picture - And a further 90 minutes of waiting to get glimpses totalling 5 seconds, I am satisfied that it is what it is, A little Brown Job. A new lifer for me.The rest of the day was spent photographing waders at Filey. Great for getting close to waders here - No sign of the Grey Phalarope, dip number 4 for the day.
News of a Slavonian Grebe on Audenshaw Res (a couple of mile from where I work), gets me out before the match starts. Great photos too of this rare grebe to Grt.Manchester.
171 Blyh's Reed Warbler
172 Yellowhammer
173 Slavonian Grebe.

1 comment:

ciderman22 said...

You were right about man city. won 3-1