Thursday 20 November 2008

Winter Skies

It seems that where ever you are in the North West of England, Pink Footed Geese are flying overhead. Rochdale, Bury, and even the City of Manchester have had skeins. Mainly seen in the morning. While arriving at college one morning, a skein of over 300 went South East.
So it was that I paid Martin Mere WWT a couple of weeks ago. And here I could see why there are so many Pink Footed Geese about. Marin Mere is having a record number of arrivals this year. They come here to summer - Winter is there summer. This usually indicate that winter is really bad up North somewhere. By the way, they don't like it too hot, the day was still cold for us. They estimate that 50 farsand have already arrived, and thats for starters. I saw one field black with them. They are fed with tonnes of potatoes donnated by local farmers.
When they are flying, you can not help but marvel at the sight and sounds. Get out here when you can.

2 comments:

Rosa Díaz García said...

It must be marvellous having the chance to see those winter skies.It´s really fantastic you can practise that hobbie.I just have visited your blog and i like the photos you have there.I love birds too.By the way,I´m Rosa.Hi

Rosa Díaz García said...

It must be marvelous havinge the chance to see those winter skies.i just have visited your blog and ther are fantastic photos there.Lucky you that can practise that hobby.I love birds too.By the way,I´m Rosa.Hi