Sunday 25 May 2008

I have recharged myself for what is usually my favorite weekend of the year.
Leighton Moss - 3 Spoonbills, 33 Avocets (2 new chicks), 100+ Black Tailed Godwits.
The wind is blowing a real 'hooli'. No sign of the Pectoral sandpiper today, or sightings of the male Ortolan Bunting at Drigg. So I call in to Sizergh Castle for a picnic, and spot some of those Hawfinches. None to be heard or seen with the crowds out in force. still, I enjoyed the picnic though. Back to Leighton Moss for an hour. From Lilian's Hide ( the carpeted, central heated one nearest the visitors centre). The Black Head gulls are putting on a nice display..For the keen eyed birder, look out for the Med Gull!. Marsh Harrier over the reedbeds. Otherwise a quiet day for birds, must be the gales?
Year total 130.

No comments: