Sunday 1 July 2007

Tunisia - New Hammamet

Tunisia - North West Africa. Phew!! What a scorcher...Glad to be back to the rain. With temperatures above the mid Forties during the day, and in the thirties at night. You can miss the rain back home.
Birding here is fantastic, whether you have a garden, sea or find a salt lake.
I gave two half days (mornings only) for birding because of the heat, being out in the afternoons was outside of my motivation, you know the dilemma - Birds in the scrub or birds by the pool?? It's a tough one, init!!
Thirty Eight species in total, I won't forget my first sightings of Grt. Flamingo's - Thousands of them, Collared Pratincole (Both lifers - tickerty-tick), Hundreds of Black-Wing Stilts, Little Terns everywhere there is water. People here are friendly too. Thanks to my Chauffeur for my Birthday drive to Korba Salinas - fantastic place to see wading birds.

1 comment:

ciderman22 said...

Birds by the pool wins every time ;)